Monday, May 31, 2010

Rainbow colour


I'm so sorry for the fuzzy pictures I plan to replace them once my hands are steady.

As I have mentioned and noticed in my last blog posts, colour plays a big role in a jewellery piece. Even though I am making contemporary beaded jewellery that is inspired by traditional beadwork and its colours, I think have moved away from the traditional colours. When I say traditional colours I mean opaque colours, nothing that glitters or shines in a metallic way. If you take a look at traditional beadwork you will see that they used primary opaque colours and their complements.

Marlene ( third year lecture) made a suggestion that I should try making something with these opaque colours and I strongly agree hence the beaded frame above. I feel that in other to be sure of my next move or the next colour scheme, I had to try out all the other beads and colours so as to know what works an what doesn't. The Frame above is beaded so as to be 3D, I'm hoping to create my own beaded bead and have these small elements that make up a big piece of jewellery.

No comments: