Monday, May 31, 2010

Local Is Lekker starts

This day finally came and I enjoyed the vibe and the short and sweet speeches, this exhibition will run for the whole of June, while the world cup is still on. There are 38 jewellers exhibiting their jewellery, so you an imagin the number of jewellery and the show cases there. Although the focus was on jewellery there were a lot of paintings and all kind of art there. The painting above is one of the pieces that court my attention, I think it is called rainbow children. As you can see there are different raises there.
I strongly feel that there is a lot of talent out there and you really have to know where you come from and where you are going. You really have to create something that stands out, above the rest. I really thought and believed that my jewellery is different and unique and I don't have any doubt in my mind that it still is but I'm amaised at the talent out there and I'm challenged by all their work. I have to push my designs and when I say push I mean to design and experiment more in order to get to a body of work that can not be compared.

No comments: