Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rope/string

White rope/string
In first year we were show a white type of rope or string that we could bead with but in isiZulu we call it 'intambo yalayini'. I worked with this rope or string because it was recommended by the HOD and it worked best at that time. I had one problem though and that was the way the rope stood out against the silver and I realised that with time, it wore out and broke, making the beadwork or jewellery not look professional.

Black rope/String
When I went to the shop again I found out that they had a black type of string. This did not look bad against silver or within the beads. It was almost perfect, the one problem that this black string has is the fact that it is thinner then then the white one, making it easier to break.
Clear rope/String
I'm currently using a clear string that is called ( ). As this is a clear string the silver stands out and the beading looks neater. It's not easy to burn or thread throw the needle as it is thicker then the other two. The fact that it is thicker has its ups and downs because the stitch that I use reques the baedwork to be flexible and the thickness doesnt allow flexablity. I will not write it off as yet bcause i have just started using it and hopefully, this is the one.

No comments: