Thursday, August 13, 2009

Broken hearted


I did the whole reed dance research and found out that I don’t really like beads on their own, without any silver. I started to look around me and think of something that I could design around or be inspired by. Then I remembered a book I read called 500 beaded objects and what made me like some of the pieces that were in it. I realized that the story behind them moved me or I could relate with some of them. Someone told me to play around with shapes and that is why I decided to make this heart brooch. The heart is broken because I think we all have felt some pain in our life and our minds tells us that when we are emotionally hurt, it is the heart that feels the pain. Whereas, I think that the heart pumps blood and the mind is the main drive.

No comments: