Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Phansi Museum


I have a lot to say about my experience with finding the Phansi Museum and the actual museum. First it took me forever to find it but I’m glad that I ended up being there. Well you have to phone and make a booking and make sure that you have the right amount in order to enter, which is R35.

This museum has alot beaded and other traditional artifacts, mama Phumzile took us (and a friend) around and showed alot of beadwork, I mention beadwork the most because I told her about my research report and I didn't want to confuse myself about the other artifacts.


I found it strange that these dolls are hanging from the celling with this brown string.
I must say that I learnt alot and I will keep blogging about my other findings that are sparked by this trip. A part of me wishes that I had brought a tape recorder with me so as to not forget some of the points that she made but am glad that i have her card. I'm glad that I went this year where I feel like I know a bit more then I did before and the talk just clarified and some parts of my research. Watch this space !!!!!!!!


No comments: